I’ve compiled my CCNP book list. Still a ways to go before I get cracking. Need to finish reviewing ICND 1/2 topics, and complete IINS 640-553 before I get started proper. Gotta upgrade my lab with more gear. I’m pretty sure, I’m going to be leaning heavily on GNS3 this time around. Get to put this shiny quad core to the test, maybe dual boot with debian to run Dynamips (Vista, hmm, well, umm, better not post that…). Anyways here’s my list, any recommended additions, let me know.
- CCNP Official Exam Certification Library (5th Edition)
- Routing TCP/IP, Volume 1 (2nd Edition)
- Routing TCP/IP, Volume 2
- CCNP Quick Reference
- CCNP Building Scalable Internetworks (BSCI 642-901) Lab Portfolio
- CCNP Building Multilayer Switched Networks (BCMSN 642-812)
- CCNP Implementing Secured Converged Wide-Area Networks (ISCW 642-825)
- CCNP Optimizing Converged Networks (ONT 642-845) Lab Portfolio
Not 100% sure about the Quick Reference, it seems like it may be one of those books that are great in concept, but you don’t really need. Kind of like the CCNA Flash Cards book, it wasn’t needed, although the PDF version of the book on the CD included a concise review of ICND1 and ICND2 topics, not found in the printed version. I might not of considered the Jeff Doyle books, but many people swear by them for the CCNP level. I hope the lab books are good. This will cost a small fortune. Forget paying subscriptions, I need a real book plus an electronic version.